Vice President of Ticket Sales
The Huntsville Havoc are a founding member of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL), operating since 2004. The team has won three President’s Cups and holds four single-season league attendance records. The team is located in downtown Huntsville, in the heart of one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the Southeast, ranked as #15 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Cities in the United States to live in 2020.
The Vice President of Ticket Sales is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Huntsville Havoc ticket office, including the sale, processing, and reporting of season, group, and single-game events, while maintaining a high level of customer service. This position reports directly to the President and ownership stakeholders.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Salary
IDEAL HIRE DATE: June 1, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee ticket operations, including ticket sales, implementation of ticket technology, inventory, database management, and data collection.
- Coordinate ticket sales and customer service for all games and events.
- Collaborate with the marketing staff to generate effective ticketing strategies and promotions as well as the execution of all ticketing related elements on game day.
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of “The Havoc Way.”
- Coordinate with Von Braun Center Ticket Box Office and Ticketmaster for technical needs including event building and keeping inventory and customer database intact.
- Coordinate with Controller for processing and reconciling financial statements, daily reconciliation of ticket sales, and event audits.
- Coordinate with President and Ownership Stakeholders for handling all functions including invoicing of account holders, seat upgrades, allocations, transfers, payment plans, and other ticketing initiatives.
- Prospect, establish, research, and close sales leads through cold-calling, appointments, and networking.
- Develop innovative ideas to advance ticket sales strategies.
- Work with and develop a sales team consisting of entry-level interns to maximize season, group, and single-game ticket sales.
- Build relationships with current and prospective season ticket holders and group leaders while providing excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with Director of Corporate Relations on inclusion of ticket packages in partnership proposals.
- Serve as the face of the Havoc front office and customer service efforts including appearances in live videos on social media and in the arena on game nights.
- Serve as point of contact for all technology and ticketing related issues, needs, and development.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of ticket office operations experience.
- Proficiency with Ticketmaster.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Highly organized in operations and record keeping.
- Experience in a hockey front office is a plus, but not required.
- Able to work long and flexible hours, including holidays, weekends, and all events as needed.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
The Huntsville Havoc are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.